WHY STUDY ITALIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE?
• Italian is the 4th most studied language globally and Italy is the 5th most visited country
• Italian language and culture is an integral part of NJ’s history. 18% of NJ residents self-identify as Italian American
• Italy is one of the major cultural in uencers in the world. It has the highest number of UNESCO world heritage sites in the world
• Learning Italian can increase employability in elds in which Italy is a leader: culinary arts, interior design, fashion and jewelry, graphic and furniture design, leisure and cultural tourism, art restoration, computer and software services, energy and utilities, and industrial manufacturing
• Learning multiple languages leads to greater intellectual exibility, intercultural competence and understanding
• Learning Italian is just plain FUN!!!